Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Halo 4

Spar-tan or Spare-us?

The 27th game in the Halo Franchise (may not be accurate) returns the the FPS format that made the games so popular. There has been promise of improved single player, a great storyline, the always impressive multiplayer (co-op and online). So, does it deliver?


FPS games really struggle to impress me now. The ridiculous 3 hours Call Of Duty storylines, which are exactly the same as the game produced the year before, make me incredibly skeptical of any new games coming out. Rare games breakout, Borderlands 2 for example, is one of the only games of this genre in the last few years which I actually strongly advise people to get.

However, i'll try to review this game independent of that. Halo 4 is a fantastic game for people who are a fan of the series. The enemies are varied, levels are challenging but fun, the graphics are good, but it is the atmosphere of the game is the element that impresses me the most. Rarely during a game do you get the real sense of panic that Halo 4 gives you. Speaking to my brother in law, he backs me up on the notion that the correct gun choice can make or break your success.

The game doesn't wow me though. It's a good game, but once again, I don't feel like the game lives up to the hype. Or not as much as I'd like.

Rating - 7/10
Fair Price - £20

No comments: