Tuesday, November 27, 2012

WWE 13

Stone Cold, or um.. Stone Hot?

I'll make no secret of the fact that I haven't watched a WWE program since 2002.




However, the games tend to provide a fair few hours entertainment. Working out new ways of throwing people through tables, off of cages and evoking blood from your opponents cranium can be a great, simple idea for a game.





 The main implemented mode is the Attitude Era - allowing you to take charge of the biggest Superstars from the years that truly brought about WWE as the main wrestling brand, in the matches that went down in wrestling history as the most important, or memorable. The mode allows you to recreate certain historical events which I really enjoyed, especially as it was from the few years that I actually watched WWE, however, my main issue with this game comes after the Attitude Era is completed.

I thought I would check out the story, or career mode, only to find that the only true way to play the mode is to take control of every superstar - and enter every match.. which I have no interest of doing. You can play throught the games, entering into the matched you want to, but without the storyline. I just want to take control of 1 person, play through all their storylines.. not everyone elses. Maybe that's because I'm not a giant WWE fan now.

The usual features of creating your own player, arena etc are there, but without a decent story mode, this game really lacks something.

Rating - 7/10
Fair Price - £19.99

No comments: